Friday, August 8, 2014

Things that make me content

Yves Klein, La Vague



Everything blue (my favourite colour)
Capturing moments in photos
Autumn
Hearing my favourite songs for the first time after a long time
Inside jokes
Art
My books
My electronics
My friends
Nice strangers
Nostalgia
The elderly
People I have something in common with
Proper grammar
Quirky people
Listening to "Fool In The Rain" as I devour Belgian waffles with strawberry preserves
Unexpectedly finding myself thinking in French
Warm, well lit rooms
Old souls
Men that fancy me
Things that taste like fire
Enjoying the cinema by myself
Being home alone on a sunlit afternoon
Reading
Secret smiles
Being seduced
Doing little things that others aren't allowed to
Spending time with my father
Sweaters, especially striped ones
The smell of old books
Army boots and brogue like shoes
Winter sun
Writing inspiration
The way nature slowly but surely wakes up in springtime
Astronomy/astrophysics
Chemistry
Genetics/genealogy
Snow (not shoveling it, however...)
Wandering through the woods
Fireplaces
Abandoned places
Fireflies on a summertime night
Cloudless skies
Iced sweet tea on a porch
Parasols
Burnt grass
Watermelon
Lavender lemonade
Straw hats
Christmas
Cherries
Dreaming of winter
Clover tea with honey
Cotton blankets
Wood fires with pine cones
Violet sweets
Woolen scarves
Brass doorknobs
Candlelight
Bubble baths
Music boxes
The evening star
Sundried sheets
Paper dolls
Cirrus clouds
Oxford commas
Cream cheese pastries
Vintage style (anything from the antiquity of actual fashion and style up until the 1980s; the '70s were the end of real style for me)
Classical music
Butterfly gardens
Antique shops
Any music prior to 1995 (after that, all genres of music generally went into a downward spiral from which it will hopefully some day recover)
Thesauri
English estates
Bookstores
Mint sleepy tea
Receiving packages in the mail
Men with accents (British, Irish, French, etc...)
Old typewriters
Handwritten letters
Teacups
Bike rides
Greek mythology
Stormy nights
Rain
Wine
Sex
Solitude

No comments:

Post a Comment