There are six personality types in Holland's model:
- Realistic: practical, physical, concrete, hands-on, machine, and tool-oriented
- Investigative: analytical, intellectual, scientific, explorative, thinker
- Artistic: creative, original, independent, chaotic, inventive, media, graphics, and text
- Social: cooperative, supporting, helping, healing/nurturing, teaching
- Enterprising: competitive environments, leadership, persuading, status
- Conventional: detail-oriented, organizing, clerical
Personality types and Holland CodesDr. Holland did not say that a person is just one of these types. Then there would be only six types of people in the world. Instead, any one person can have interests associated with all of the six types. When you rank the types, starting with those you have the most interest in to those you have the least interest in, you get your specific Holland Code.
There are some 720 different combinations possible, like ISERAC, AIRSEC, or CSERIA. Generally, however, only two or three letters are necessary to create a useful description, such as SC, IRC, or AIC. Such a description may apply to both a person and a work environment. By typifying both people and work environments with Holland Codes, we can calculate matches between them. This helps you assess a potential career or vocational choice.
Your personality typeYou preferred 'Investigative' the most, followed by 'Conventional' and 'Artistic'. Your six letter personality type is 'ICARES'. Your personal preference is also shown in a graph below.
Your personal Holland CodeDepending on how strongly you favor any specific type you can compose your own personal Holland Code. You do this by taking the first letters of the types you favor most. In your case, this is the letters I, C and A Your personal Holland Code then becomes either ICA, IC, CI or even CIA.
Your jobsHere is a list of jobs that fit your Holland code ICARES. The list is only part of all jobs that fit your personality. You should use this list of occupations as prototypical examples. A total of 20 occupations are suggested based on your score.
Work values test result:
Team roles test result: