Friday, June 12, 2015

New York City, oh what you do to me…



Being a Southern girl, I must admit, I had my preconceived notions about New York City; I just recently came back home from New York City, I must say I miss it very much already. I miss the smell of cheap perfume and expensive cologne intertwined in the air by the many people who walk around in such a rush, a rush to proceed, to prosper, to hustle. Seeing men who look at a woman as if she’s a goddess and most of all men in suits. Women who walk with fur coats and pearls that embrace their neck like a child grasping onto their mother's breast. I miss absolutely everything, from the hustle and bustle to the elegance and class from an elderly woman's taste in clothing on Park Ave. The quick tongues that gnash out at you if you’re walking too slow or you’re simply in the way, To the friendly smile and urban warm hearts that welcome you with a cup of coffee. The Spanish, French, British, Irish, even Italian accents that linger so boastfully down the streets, Either joy or clarity, almost as a chorus they speak. This city is an absolute melting pot in which one day, I hope to visit again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment